NANPA membership required to post an event. Join Now
Bosque del Apache with Tim Boyer
December 4 - December 8$1200
As dawn rises above the distant mountains and the sky brightens, the sound of geese and cranes begins to fill the sky. There is simply no other place like Bosque. It’s like the Grand Canyon, you have to see it, experience it, to believe it. The light in New Mexico is everything and more than Georgia O’Keeffe painted and showed the world. For a birder or a bird photographer this place, at this time of year, is mecca. The birds are close, they fly by all morning and evening long, and the light is just plain wonderful. In this four and a half day workshop, you will experience the best Bosque has to offer. We will arrive before dawn each day and experience the Snow and Ross’s geese blasting off as they go to the cornfields for the day. We’ll spend each morning photographing geese and cranes, take a break in the middle of the day and return for the cranes and sunset. More images can be found in the Galleries section of my website, scroll down to the Bosque Workshop. Four and a half days of photography, nine shooting sessions, four mornings and five afternoon/evenings. The workshops will begin on the afternoon of December 4th and end after the sun goes down on December 8th. Don’t get lost in a big crowded workshop; this one is limited to 5 participants, you’ll learn more.
- Learn and practice three approaches to photographing Birds-in-Flight
- Learn and practice the techniques to obtain accurate autofocus
- Lear and practice techniques to quickly acquire and focus on flying birds
- Learn and practice how to maintain your panning speed
- Learn & Practice how to acquire focus and when to push the shutter release
- Learn & practice getting in the right position with the sun, wind, moon and birds
- Learn and practice getting great backgrounds
- Learn how to get the seven most important elements into each of your bird photographs.
We’ll have morning and evening shooting session, mid-day breaks for Lightroom and post processing session and image review. This workshop is limited to five participants, and you won’t get lost in a big photography tour. This is a workshop where you will photograph, learn, and improve each day.
NANPA provides the above event calendar of privately-run Member Workshops/Tours as a NANPA member benefit. NANPA does not monitor or endorse such workshops or tours in any way.