The 2018 competition drew approximately 3,225 images from some 354 NANPA members (only members can enter). The top 250 images appear in NANPA Expressions. The two top prizes (Best of Show and First Runner-up) for each of the five categories (Mammals, Birds, Scapes, Altered Reality and Macro, Micro and All Other Wildlife), ten Judge’s Choice awards and 230 of the highest-scoring images from the competition appear in the journal. In addition, all 250 images appear in a searchable image gallery on the NANPA website. Each week, 7 different top-scoring images are featured on the NANPA home page slideshow and promoted through social media for the entire year.
- Mammals – Includes all mammals, land and sea
- Birds – Includes all birds
- Scapes – Includes landscape, plantscape, seascape, atmosphere, weather, etc.
- Macro, Micro, and All Other – Includes images of non-bird, non-mammal wildlife as well as close-ups of any subject. Close ups are intimate views, tightly framed, or close examinations of subjects in nature.
- Altered Reality – The image must obviously display a change in natural color, form, shape, or any combination of these. It must be enhanced or transformed beyond the way the subject appears in nature.
Showcase 2018 Jury Panel –
The Showcase 2018 Jury Panel included Darrell Gulin, George Lepp, and Roy Toft.