NANPA - Nature Photography Forums

NANPA - Nature Photography Forums (http://www.nanpa.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.nanpa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Welcome (http://www.nanpa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26)

dougotto 06-25-2009 11:09 AM

Welcome

If you're new to NANPA we'd love to get to know you a little better. Please take the time to tell us about yourself, what you like to shoot, other interests, etc.

Cheers

spowers 06-26-2009 10:11 AM

Thanks for the welcome

Hi Doug,
I'm really looking forward to participating in the NANPA forums. They look great! Thanks for all your hard work setting them up.
Sharon Cohen-Powers

bkhaley 06-26-2009 10:26 AM

Looks great guys. I hope that this leads to greater communication between the membership.

When I look at the "Preview Post", I'm still seeing the html code. Will actually post and see what happens.

maryjanegibson 07-08-2009 06:09 PM

Junior Member?

Hi Doug,
I am checking out our various NANPA posts on this forum, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., and was astonished to find myself listed in the Forum Community as a junior member, not a NANPA Member. What does this mean? I am Charter Member number 713.

Thanks,
Mary Jane Gibson

maryjanegibson 07-08-2009 06:11 PM

Changes

Hi again,

I see. I guess it was because I hadn't posted yet? Now I am suddenly a NANPA member.

Mary Jane

dougotto 07-08-2009 06:16 PM

Hi Mary Jane,

The "Junior Member" is a forum default based on post count. That said, it does get update to reflect your membership.

You can also make it say something more personal if you'd like by changing it under "User CP" / "Edit Options"

Cheers

jalock 07-09-2009 12:38 PM

Actually, you'll find that under "User CP" / "Edit Your Details"...

mikespry 07-13-2009 06:55 PM

A newer Colorado member

Hi All:

Not just joined but have been in for a bit over a year. Colorado based photographer who joined NANPA looking for a community of like minded shutterbugs. Hit the Summit last year and really enjoy the spirit of NANPA and am looking to connect with some folks who may want to utilize photography along the front range to help drive the conservation and the NANPA membership effort. Feel free to get in touch through www.spryphotos.com or mike@spryphotos.com Glad to be a part of it all.

Mike

PS I twitter as well @spryphotos

dougotto 07-16-2009 06:42 PM

Welcome Mike!

pushthelimits 11-14-2009 07:05 PM

My name is Bonnie. I'm 35, work a regular job that I can't stand, have 2 boys ages 16 and 9, and I'm going to school full time.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, so there is no shortage of nature around here. Since I don't have much spare time to get out, when I do, I appreciate it all the more. The same goes for getting a great shot. "Right place, right time" is a little hard to come by with my schedule, so when I come home with something that I think is good, I can't wait to show my family.

I'm not a professional photographer by definition by any means (I don't pay the bills with my camera), but I am working on selling prints. I just sold my first few prints at my son's school holiday bazaar last weekend, and I just got approved for another one next weekend. That's pretty exciting for me.

My favorite things to shoot are waterfalls. I love waterfalls. Close behind are flowers, and I love mountains and lakes as well. Pretty much anything that catches my eye. I love creating photographs that convey the beauty that I see as I see it, when I'm out and about doing one of my favorite hobbies besides photography-- hiking.

I have also been known to do some portraits and weddings, but that's a little off-topic for this forum. ;)

----------------
Now playing: Nebra Skydisk - mixed by Cardamar
via FoxyTunes

dougotto 11-16-2009 12:45 PM

Welcome Bonnie!

You've got plenty of scenery up your way. Are you coming to the Summit?

Vespa66312 11-24-2009 02:06 PM

Hi There

My name is Kathy and I'm a brand new member of NANPA. . . I live in New England and have been an "armchair" naturalist since childhood. I still get a rush of adrenaline when I observe a bird or animal "doing stuff" that I can capture with my camera. (thank god for VR!) ;)

My major passion is documenting those every day bird and backyard wildlife activities that are rarely seen by the general public. (like the tanning tufted titmouse)

I'm hoping to get involved in my local chapter, and look forward to sharing my passion with other photographers.

Cheers!

debbie flanigan 06-14-2010 07:09 PM

Not new to NANPA, new to Road Show

This weekend's NANPA's Road Show in Princeton, NJ was my first NANPA Event and will not be my last! The Friday night Welcome /Meet And Greet set just the right atmosphere for the entire weekend! The education, speakers, and accomodations were more than I expected. The knowledgable instructors, personable members and the warm cookies served during the breaks contributed to a successful event. I encourage all other members, who like me, have never attended an event, to make that change, immediately! The registration fees, time expended and efforts to attend will not be regretted. The atmosphere of learning expands beyond the seminars to the Photo Critique evening, where attendees may select images to be projected and critiqued. The criticism was professional, positive and helpful to the photographers that submitted the images, as well as the rest of the audience. Just to see the images created that started in the mind's of your peers gives insight to where photography is going, and can take you! The smaller class sizes, due to the offering of two seminars at the same time, creates an intimate learning atmosphere, where questions are encouraged, and getting to know your seat neighbor is easy. It is amazing how snippits of overheard conversations can be so educational and joining in the conversations is welcome. What a great group!

GZumwalt 06-15-2010 10:10 PM

Who are you???

Maybe I'm just being grumpy, but it would sure be nice if everyone signed their name to their posts. Especially when you are new to the group.

Glenn Zumwalt

debbie flanigan 06-16-2010 08:43 AM

Sorry for not signing my post

:confused:
So sorry for not signing my post! I am new to this and trying to figure it out. Since my name is in my signature that I set up and beside my avatar (if that what it is called), I thought I was identifying myself.
So thanks, 'grumpy', I learned something....and that is always helpful!
Debbie Flanigan ~ :)

GZumwalt 06-16-2010 01:45 PM

This wasn't aimed at you Debbie, there have been several people that have posted to the "new members" forum without signing their post.:(

Glenn

frankdcohen 09-26-2010 07:19 AM

Obsessive New Photographer

My name is Frank Cohen and I am new to digital photography and NANPA. I am an avid nature lover and have decided to move aggresively into the world of digital nature photography. Currently, I am a health care consultant specializing in mathematical modeling, EBM and applied statistics. I have invested a bit in eqiupment this year and have a (maybe unrealistic) goal of becoming an excellent nature photographer and am willing to do what it take to get there. Would love some to meet other ambitious folks. I live on the west coast of Florida (Tampa area) and can be reached at frank@frankcohen.com or through www.frankcohen.com.

Frank

Forre72247 10-19-2010 08:14 AM

AL in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

I joined NANPA this past weekend, and I look forward to exchanging ideas with other members. I am originally from Quincy, Massachusetts, but have lived in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, since 1970.

My first camera was a Brownie Hawkeye back in the early 1950s when I was around 12 or 13. (Yes, I'm pretty old!) I can remember seeing the advertising in photo magazines and wishing I could afford an Argus C3.

I never did get the Argus, but ended up with Canon 35mm SLRs during my naval career during the 1970s when I was traveling overseas. I recently renewed my interest in photography when I obtained my first serious digital cameras (Four Thirds format from Olympus and Panasonic.)

I am anxious to learn more about photography as well as the way we record the world around us!