View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 AM
NANPA Member

Default Bear Photography Tours and Workshops

Join us on the ultimate bear photography tours.

We have two A+ trips planned.

One for black bears and the other for Alaska Costal Brown Bears

a.) Black Bears:
Join us on a photo tour to the best place in United States for wild black bears. Expect to shoot thousands of bear photos along with other wildlife.

We will have the opportunity to photograph several different age groups including cubs, yearlings, and adults. We will see multiple bears and their different behaviors and family interactions. This is time to visit when the most bears are in the area.

Here are some quotes from the world famous wildlife photographer Leonard Rue III about this location.

"It is, without a doubt, the best place on the continent to photograph black bears. I know because I've been photographing, or trying to photograph, black bears for most of my life".

" The black bears are as close to an ironclad guarantee as you will ever find in wildlife photography."

"There is no place that I know of where a photographer can get more portrait, natural history or behavioral photographs of bears. In my three days spent there in 2001 and again in 2002, I took more black bear photographs than I have anyplace else on the continent in all of my 57 years as a professional wildlife photographer."

b.) Alaska Bears.

Join us on a photo tour to Lake Clark National Park. Photograph bears, puffins and other wildlife with professional photographer John Slonina. We will be visiting one of our best places to photograph bears in North America.
This tour begins in Anchorage where we will meet and fly to the beautiful Lake Clark National Park. We will be spending 6 days and 5 nights at the Silver Salmon Creek Lodge. We will be photographing numerous bears and beautiful landscapes.
Some of the bears occasionally get within close range. Safety will be the priority. The lodge has a perfect safety record in almost 20 years. Our tour will include a bear guide from the lodge who has spent many months/years with the same bears.
The bears are in different areas. Some may be in front of the lodge. We will be transported by ATV vehicles with passenger carts to move around to the general area. This allows us to cover different areas, find the action and change the backgrounds etc.
The main goal of this trip is to photograph the bears. We will spend several hours with them in different habitats. We will also look for other wildlife. Bald Eagles are often seen and photographed in the area. Make sure you bring several flash cards as we will be taking thousands of images.
Also we will be doing one fun side trip. As an added bonus we will be taking a boat ride to a remote island where we will photograph two species of Puffin. The Horned and Tufted puffins are both beautiful and look totally different than each other. The island also hosts several nesting pairs of Kittiwakes, Common Murres, Auklets, and Oystercatchers. We will land on the island setup our trips and photograph different behaviors of the birds.
The goal is to concentrate on photographing the wildlife in the best possible light. During the downtime in the lodge John will be teaching various techniques for post processing and editing including lightroom and photoshop. We can review your images also. We will discuss shooting strategies.

John Slonina
Slonina Nature Photography
Email: jtslonina@aol.com
Phone: (508) 736-1167
http://www.sphotography.com/tours.htm