View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 PM
NANPA Member

Default Texas Bird Photo Workshop March 1-7, 2013

TEXAS BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP, MARCH 1-7, 2013

TEXAS COAST AND RIO GRANDE VALLEY
I will be leading this small group workshop (maximum of 4 photographers) to both the Texas coast and the Rio Grande Valley. On the Texas coast we will take a boat to photograph Whooping Cranes as well as photograph shorebirds, waders and others at my favorite locations around Corpus Christi and Rockport. In the Rio Grande Valley we will be at the excellent Santa Clara Ranch for 3 full days. Hector Astorga, a pro Nikon shooter and manager of the ranch will be a co-instructor during this portion of the workshop. This ranch has sunken blinds which are close to waterholes giving great opportunities for both reflection and bathing shots. They also have an elevated raptor blind which is super for photographing the local Harris's Hawks.

This is a comprehensive bird photography workshop that will cover most in the field techniques for bird photography including but not limited to handholding a large lens for flight photography, fill flash, pan blur techniques, set up shots for song birds, raw conversion of images and much more. I will be giving presentations on photographing birds in the wild and fill flash.

The spectacular subjects that we should be able to photograph include:
Whooping Crane
Black Skimmer
Roseate Spoonbill
Brown Pelican
Willet
Reddish Egret
Crested Caracara
Harris's Hawk
Green Jay
Bobwhite Quail
Long-billed and Curve-billed Thrashers
Black-crested Titmouse
Audubon's and Bullock's Orioles
and many more.

Santa Clara Ranch is also a very good location for photographing mammals such as White-tailed Deer, Collared Peccary and occasionally Bobcat and Coyote.

The cost of the workshop is $2,950 and includes lodging (each person or couple gets their own room - no single supplement), transportation from Corpus Christi,TX, all meals at the ranch, Whooping Crane boat trip, instruction and guiding as well as ranch and entrance fees.

To see the details of the workshop please see http://www.trogontours.net/texas. To see a gallery of images that I have taken recently in these areas see http://www.trogontours.net/galleries/texas
281-778-1486
nchappell@trogontours.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC3012(720-2) copy.jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1B9X6716 copy.jpg (174.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3564 copy.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)