View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Gavin Slabbert

Send a message via Skype™ to GavinSlabbert
Default Intro: Gavin Slabbert

Greetings, my name is Gavin Slabbert, below is a little about me and my business, I live in St Augustine FL these days and spend my life on a darned plane flighing back and forth to Southern Africa where I lead Safaris and photography workshops.

I am pretty much a jack of all trades, well used to be and my checkered past consists of being a computer engineer for over 30 years, as well as a professional golfer on the minor tours, (now THAT was really successful , a motorcycle racer, a dog handler and breeder, a fisherman and an entrepreneur, I finally returned to my passion of photography in 2007. One day I will grow up and try my hand at a real job ...

I am married and have been for what seems like many lifetimes at times, however I would not trade what I have for anything, I have 2 swine (I call them that as all they do is eat and mess) and I have 2 grand swine, man it ticks the wife off when I call them that.

So my daughter is married to a soldier and has 2 kids, they are currently stationed in Olympia WA and have recently received orders to transfer to Germany, so I see many more flights to Europe in my future. My son is in the Air Force and is stationed in Anchorage Alaska, and I don't get to see him much as my wife hates the cold.

I am an ex South African and am from a little place called Port Elizabeth and am now a US citizen, and when I was forced into retirement by the economy in 2005 I turned my hobby of photography into a profession and opened a small Photography company called Images in Africa and I lead safaris and photography workshops to South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. Typically I fly back there with groups 3 times a year (more flying).

So that in a nutshell me, and I look forward to making new friends and partaking in the feastivities of this group.

Gavin Slabbert
http://imagesinafrica.com