View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:21 AM
NANPA Member

Default Just Joined NANPA

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time coming but I have finally joined NANPA!

Just to get the ball rolling I thought it would be best if I introduced myself. So with no further ado, my name is James Doyle, I’m a Brisbane (Australia) based professional nature photographer and once time natural history cinematographer.
Over the past thirty odd years I have been in some sort of natural history based business. In the early 1980’s I started working as a natural history cinematographer, filming natural history documentaries for English and US production houses. By the late 1990’s I had switched full time to purely still based nature photography.

Over the past 8 or so years I evolved again to provide an educational experience for those wanting to take up nature photography for the first time by providing nature photography workshops, fieldtrips and tours. I truly believe that the best place to learn about nature photography or to better your craft is out in the field where the subjects naturally live. In many ways I live and breathe nature photography, as many of you may already know, being a nature photographer is more of a life style choice rather than purely a job.

Getting a little older these days I have slowed a little bit but the passion is still as strong as ever and I am now in 2014 wanting to share even more, the knowledge and passion I have for the natural world by working with other nature photographers in providing premium nature photography tours.

Personally; I have had a full life and undertaken many adventures over the years and have witnessed many things and not just photographically. I have lived in Africa, Canada, New Zealand, USA and of course Australia. I'm always quick for a good laugh and as my clients will testify, I can talk when people ask me about photography or nature.

Looking forward to moving forward with NANPA and its members.

Cheers for now.

James

http://www.jamesdoylephoto.com

Last edited by jamesdoylephoto; 01-02-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: adding website address