North American Nature Photography Association

Connecting The Nature Photography Community

Join NANPA!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 PM
NANPA Member

Default Jaguars of the Pantanal Oct. 2014

October 5-13, 2014
Our group size—limited to eight (8) travelers—will be the only thing small about your 2014 Brazilian Pantanal Photo Tour with Jeff Parker.

Join me in the superlative capital of the world—the world’s largest contiguous wetland—to photograph and marvel over:
•JAGUARS ~ World’s largest subspecies. At up to 350 lbs (150 kilos), these felines are about double the size of an average Amazonian jaguar and the 3rd largest cat in the world (after the lion and tiger).
•GIANT OTTER ~ World’s largest member of weasel family. These endangered carnivores can grow up to 6-feet long. Locals have given them the moniker “river wolves.”
•CAPYBARA ~ World’s largest rodent. You never knew “rodents” could be so cool! These tail-less critters can weigh as much as an adult human and measure more than a meter (over 3-feet) long.
•JABIRA STORK ~ World’s largest stork. These birds are so large they use them to “deliver” full-grown adults. Okay, well maybe I’m pulling your leg, but you’ll have to join me to find out.
•HYACINTH MACAW ~ World’s largest macaw. Of the world’s 372 parrot species, these endangered, cobalt blue beauties measure the longest—typically 3-feet (100 cm) high.
•BRAZILIAN (Lowland) TAPIR ~ Largest land mammal in South America. Classified as a “vulnerable species” by IUCN, this herbivore, which stands about 3-feet (1 meter) tall at the shoulders, uses its long, bendable proboscis to strip branches of leaves and fruit.
•PARAGUAYAN CAIMAN ~ World’s highest density of any crocodilian species. I won’t be swimming, but you go ahead.
•YELLOW ANACONDA ~ These water-dwelling snakes belong to the family Boidae, which includes the world’s largest snake species. Yellow anacondas are the second largest boa species in South America and grow 10-13 feet (approx. 3-4 meters). Like I said, I won’t be swimming, but you go ahead.
•…AND MORE ~ This UNESCO World Heritage Site also provides habitat for over 690 species of birds.
Click for more info
Old 12-08-2013, 10:46 AM
NANPA Member

Four spaces remaining.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:44 PM
NANPA Member

Two spots left!