North American Nature Photography Association

Connecting The Nature Photography Community

Join NANPA!

Old 01-02-2014, 01:21 AM
NANPA Member

Default Just Joined NANPA

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time coming but I have finally joined NANPA!

Just to get the ball rolling I thought it would be best if I introduced myself. So with no further ado, my name is James Doyle, I’m a Brisbane (Australia) based professional nature photographer and once time natural history cinematographer.
Over the past thirty odd years I have been in some sort of natural history based business. In the early 1980’s I started working as a natural history cinematographer, filming natural history documentaries for English and US production houses. By the late 1990’s I had switched full time to purely still based nature photography.

Over the past 8 or so years I evolved again to provide an educational experience for those wanting to take up nature photography for the first time by providing nature photography workshops, fieldtrips and tours. I truly believe that the best place to learn about nature photography or to better your craft is out in the field where the subjects naturally live. In many ways I live and breathe nature photography, as many of you may already know, being a nature photographer is more of a life style choice rather than purely a job.

Getting a little older these days I have slowed a little bit but the passion is still as strong as ever and I am now in 2014 wanting to share even more, the knowledge and passion I have for the natural world by working with other nature photographers in providing premium nature photography tours.

Personally; I have had a full life and undertaken many adventures over the years and have witnessed many things and not just photographically. I have lived in Africa, Canada, New Zealand, USA and of course Australia. I'm always quick for a good laugh and as my clients will testify, I can talk when people ask me about photography or nature.

Looking forward to moving forward with NANPA and its members.

Cheers for now.

James

http://www.jamesdoylephoto.com

Last edited by jamesdoylephoto; 01-02-2014 at 01:35 AM. Reason: adding website address
Old 01-12-2014, 09:41 AM
NANPA Member

Hi James - It's great to have you as part of NANPA.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 AM
NANPA Member

Hello James and welcome to NANPA. I envy your experience in the nature photography business and hope to hear more about your adventures. I have only recently had time to get serious about nature photography but it occupies my mind 90% of the time.
Hope to see you on the site as much as possible.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:52 PM
NANPA Member

Default Just Joined NANPA

Hi James,
Let me add my welcome and be so bold as to suggest one way to get the most out of your membership (there are many). The way I'm thinking of however, to get involved. Not only can you share your valuable experiences but you will benefit from the broad variety of experiences other bring to the organization. We're going to be working hard this year to broaden the base of and expand the membership of NANPA. We could use your input, I'm certain.

If you'd like to get involved, send me a note with info on how I can get in touch with you. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Tom Dwyer
NANPA Membership Committee