The North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our members, subscribers and website visitors. We no longer sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies or organizations.
How We Collect Personal Information
Personal information is collected by NANPA in several ways including:
- Becoming a member or creating an account by filling out our online application,
- Filling out a survey, questionnaire or form,
- Sending us email through any of the email addresses provided via the website,
- Accessing and/or utilizing any password-protected portions of our website or any member-specific portions of the website,
- Attending an event organized by NANPA,
- Subscribing to our mailing list, blog or other publication,
- Making an online purchase through NANPA’s website,
- Downloading specific content from the NANPA website, or
- Contacting us by email or other means.
When you browse our website, we also automatically receive information including connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address, standard web log and analytics data.
While we do not store credit card information, we do store data provided to us via our payment processing providers. We interact with their services in an encrypted, secure and standardized way.
What Do We Do With Your Information?
Our principle purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of information, products and services from NANPA. This allows us to service you as a member, subscriber or attendee. This information is stored in our database and/or our communications management system. We may use this information to:
- Return contact when you have asked questions or requested information,
- Fulfill orders you have made from our website or other means,
- To conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with NANPA products, services and events,
- Keep internal records,
- Improve our products and services,
- Supply you with generalized, targeted or personalized marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications,
- Contact you from time to time,
- Learn about customer needs and interests, and
- Any other purposes authorized by you or for any other purposes disclosed on our website or other communications applications at the time you provide your personal information.
Collection of Non-personal Information
When We May Share Your Information:
Like most companies, we hire third parties such as contractors to provide certain administrative and other business-related services on our behalf (e.g. accountants, shipping companies, companies that help administer our websites or process transactions for us, etc.). We may disclose personal and non-personal information to these third-party service providers as needed to perform the services for which they have been hired. In addition, we may disclose personal and non-personal information outside NANPA if you direct us to do so, or if we are required to do so such as to comply with legal process or to protect NANPA’s rights and property.
NANPA does not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties, including but not limited to, advertisers, sponsors or vendors.
NANPA has taken steps to protect your personal information. These steps are intended to prevent, but do not guarantee against, the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. We employ industry-standard data encryption practices that include:
- Using SSL certificates and current encryption protocols across the website and related services
- Not storing credit card details
- Utilizing the services of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) hosting providers
Any member, subscriber or event attendee may modify or revoke your permission for NANPA to contact you at any time by clicking the Manage Your Preferences/Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email message we send or by contacting us at email@example.com.
NANPA members may not be permitted to continue to utilize the benefits and features of NANPA membership if you withdraw your consent, delete or otherwise restrict the personal information we collect and store about you.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you or want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.