Nature Photography Day Photo Contest Official Rules and Prizes
By entering the Nature Photography Day Photo Contest, you agree to the following terms of usage.
How to enter: Contestants may enter only 1 (one) nature related image per day through this link: https://contest.fbapp.io/nature-photography-day-photo-contest
Eligibility: The Nature Photography Day Photo Contest is open to all professional and amateur nature photographers who are 18 years of age and older. Contest void where prohibited. Each entry must be entirely the work of the person submitting the image. Contestants do not have to be a member of NANPA to enter. Although the purpose of the contest is to celebrate Nature Photography Day, the submitted image does not have to be taken on June 15. Images submitted should highlight the elements of nature. NANPA reserves the right to disqualify images that do not adhere to NANPA ethics policy or that are inappropriate. NANPA shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. Images submitted in this contest could be used to promote the Nature Photography Day Photo Contest. NANPA does NOT retain any future rights of submitted images—entrants retrain ownership and all other rights for future use of the photographs they enter.
By entering the contest, each entrant accepts the rules as stated and guarantees that all the information provided is correct and truthful. By entering, participants warrant that his or her entry materials are original and do not infringe on any third party’s rights.
NANPA is not responsible for any errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of the Nature Photography Day Photo Contest. NANPA reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest at any time.
Images: Acceptable formats include- GIF, JPG or PNG with a resolution of at least 72 dpi. There is not a file size limit or ratio requirement. You may submit any size image. Submissions may be watermarked with copyright information if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo.
Contest period: Contest closes June 16, 2017 at 11:00am EDT. Contestants may only enter 1 image per day.
Judging: 3 winning images will be selected by 2 NANPA member judges. All judging decisions are final.
Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email.
Prize Packages: NANPA reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
First Place Prize Package Includes ($2,089 value):
- Full Registration to a NANPA Regional Event in 2017 or 2018- ($600 value) (excludes Winter in Yellowstone event)
- $200 Gift Card from Cognisys ($200 value)
- Tamron SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro lens ($649 value). (Available for Canon, Nikon and Sony-A full-frame and crop sensor DSLR cameras. US shipping only)
- Professional Gear package from Mindshift ($640 value):
- FirstLight 40L Backpack ($329.99) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/firstlight-40l
- Multi Mount Holster 20 ($99.00) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/multi-mount-holster-20
- GP Bundle Large ($94.50) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/gp-bundle-large
- Contact Sheet ($39.99) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/contact-sheet
- Tripod Suspension Kit ($47.50) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/tripod-suspension-kit
- SD Card Again ($14.99) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/card-again-memory-wallets
- CF Card Again ($14.99) https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/card-again-memory-wallet
Second Place Prize Package Includes ($649 value):
- Full NANPA Membership for a Year ($100 value)
- Olympus Tough TG-5 Camera ($449 value) Built for adventure. The Tough TG-5 is packed with pro features that help you nail bright, crisp outdoor shots even in challenging conditions.
- $100 gift certificate to Wimberley ($100 value)
Third Place Prize Package Includes ($260 value):
- Printed copy of NANPA Expressions 2017 ($40 value includes shipping, North America only)
- McKenna Pro 20 x 30 metal print with choice of hanging options ($120 value)
- $100 gift certificate to Samy’s Camera ($100 value)
Questions about the Nature Photography Day Photo Contest should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org