Africa, what a place! I’ve been visited 17 times and last year I spent more days in Africa than I did in my apartment, and she never disappoints. If you are like me; you grew up watching Tarzan, loved the circus and the zoo, Marlin Perkins was a hero, Hatari was an incredible movie, and you dreamt of being in Africa. I can assure you that the real thing is even more amazing than you have imagined. I love this Kenya Safari! I’ve done this exact safari 4 times and can’t wait to share that with you! Once you experience a Kenya Safari, you will love it too! And of course, You Will Be Amazed!
I am so excited to be going back for a Kenya Safari in the “green” season. It is the most beautiful time of the year and the plains are a verdant green and not the browns of fall. We will visit the stunning Amboseli National Park, and if the “shy mountain” Kilimanjaro allows, we’ll see vast herds of elephants along with that iconic peak. From there we continue our safari and explore the fabulous Masai Mara National Park. We’ll be looking for the Big Five (elephant, rhino, leopard, lion, and buffalo) and everything in between. And that is just the highlights!
Kenya Safari Highlights
12 Nights and 13 Days
Two Private Safari Vehicles
Small Group – 6 Clients MAX
Masai Mara, and Amboseli Parks
• Botswana is known for being the VERY best place in Africa for willdife photography and we’ll use only exclusive, private concessions that are free of crowds, allow off-road travel, and offer luxurious accommodations.
• Our concessions include “predator meccas” that offer unparalleled photo opportunities of lions, leopards, cheetahs, and wild dogs, as well as elephants, other classic game. We’ll also have close, intimate encounters with the most habituated meerkats in Africa, as well as the Kalahari bushmen they share their home with.
• While many photo tours avoid the best concessions to save on cost, we stay in the best camps to maximize our wildlife sightings. Many tours also avoid the best seasons, also to save on cost, whereas this tour is planned for the very best time of year for sightings.
• For all game drives on the tour, each participant will have an entire row to themselves for easy shooting from both sides of the vehicle and space to accommodate your gear – this is very rare for Botswana safaris.
• ALL flights are private charter flights for our group only, enabling us to bring more gear.
• Many Botswana photo tours are only 7 nights in duration, whereas our tour is 12 nights. This gives us enough time to experience the photo opportunities that each spectacular location has to offer.
• Although we have chosen locations based on wildlife viewing, these concessions also have some of the best accommodations in all of Africa. Our camps are small, elegant and luxurious.
• Travel as a small group and receive one-to-one instruction from professional wildlife photographer Suzi Eszterhas. Suzi has published over 100 magazine covers and feature stories and has vast experience photographing African wildlife (including 3 years living in a bushcamp).
Intensive photo safari geared for those looking to capture volumes of high quality images and experience the very best of the Serengeti. This safari coincides with our annual film crew safari – offering all the great photo opportunities without the expense of the filming permits. This comprehensive safari offers 13 day afield for exceptional wildlife photography. Our vehicles are perfectly set-up for unrestricted shooting and will only have 3 persons per vehicle. This adventure offers an extended opportunity to experience and capture volumes of amazing images in the Serengeti, with an emphasis on capturing the Big Cats and the famous great Migration. Our camp is located in big cat central, please join us and fill your hard drives with stunning imagery. Lock in your spot soon as space is extremely limited on this safari.
Experience and photograph the very best of the Ngorongoro Highlands and the Crater, as well as the Great Migration of the Serengeti. This all inclusive safari offers outstanding opportunities to photograph and experience some of Tanzania’s most spectacular areas and wildlife species. Starting in the Ngorongoro Highlands we witness the very interesting Masai culture and the beautiful highland landscape they call home. We then spend a full day exploring and photographing down in the crater and all the diversity it has to offer, including the Big 5. We continue on to our Serengeti Grand Kopjes Camp for the duration of the safari. We explore the long and short grass plains of the Serengeti in a place that we like to call “Big Cat Central” With the Great Migration close by and often right outside our front door we find great numbers of apex predators never too far away, and often in spectacular settings. We find and photograph a whole myriad of other photogenic species throughout our safari in the Serengeti. With only three persons per vehicle guests have plenty of room to maneuver and position photo gear.
Our 14th KENYA PHOTOGRAPHY EXPEDITION is among the best locations to photograph wildlife in the world. If you’ve never visited this magical country, be prepared for incredible wildlife and cultural experiences. From the monkeys trying to get into your tent to the lion prides of the Mara, YOU WILL ENJOY! The photography opportunities are endless and your stories will be shared for many years to come.
We’ll fly between lodges, and this year we’ve also added two extra nights on safari (2 nights in Nairobi and 12 nights at the lodges) along with a private encounter at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust elephant orphanage. Only 3-4 guests max per safari vehicle! Kenya will not get better than it is now—join us!
When I attended NANPA’s High School Scholarship Program (NHSSP) in 2004 in Portland, my eyes opened to exploring wildlife photography as a medium. I greatly benefited from the one-on-one instruction and support of fellow photographers, both peers and mentors. Before attending this program, I never knew all this support existed; I felt that I was exploring nature and my camera by myself. Being a scholarship winner gave me the opportunity to harness my potential. Being surrounding by world-class photographers that shared their knowledge and experience opened my eyes to the possibilities that awaited me in our magnificent world.