Call for Submissions for Lightning Talks – Deadline Extended to November 17th!
To All NANPA Members –
We are excited to announce a call for submissions for NANPA Lightning Talks, a new live program to take place at the 2015 NANPA Summit in San Diego, California.
NANPA Lightning Talks is a series of short (6 minute) presentations by members on Friday evening (February 20th).
This is an opportunity to share your work, projects and big ideas in front of the entire summit, including publishers, editors, stock agency representatives and your fellow photographers.
A team of judges will help select eight presenters from the applicant pool with the goal of representing diversity in subject matter, experience level, and age.
We hope this will be an exciting opportunity for our members to share stories and for the audience to enjoy an hour packed with stunning imagery and inspiring ideas.
This is an open call for applications to all current NANPA members. We invite you to submit your idea (instructions below) by November 17th. We will notify selected presenters by December 5th.
– Quality of Images Submitted
– Uniqueness of Subject Matter, Idea, or Topic (could be a new approach to an older topic)
– Applicant’s speaking experience
Topics should fall under themes such as:
– Life changing idea or meaning found through photography
– Stories of wildlife or place
– Environmental Issues
– Innovative approaches to photography and the worlds they reveal
– Innovations or innovative ways to seeing with photography
What to submit?
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– 10 sample images illustrating your idea – should be images you would plan to use in the presentation (low resolution jpegs less than 1 MB each)
– Proposed title of presentation
– 200 word pitch that focuses on what you plan to talk about in your presentation
– 200 word bio that includes relevant speaking experience
– Supporting links which may include past presentations, publications or other relevant material you think we should consider (5 max.)
And, please remember to register for the NANPA Summit soon (www.naturephogoraphysummit.com) – Early Bird Registration ends October 31st!
Lightning Talks Team
Morgan Heim and Gabby Salazar