Photo Tour Highlights
• Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance, with its rich tapestry of history depicted in its architecture, sculptures, and paintings
• A stay in the Tuscan countryside, with its grapevines and cypress trees
• Tuscany’s medieval towns and villages: Monteriggioni, San Gimignano, Volpaia, Radda in Chianti, and others, equally well-preserved
• Departure limited to 12 participants to optimize your photographic experience
• Optional extension to the Canals of Venice
Photo Tour Highlights
• Limited to 12 participants to optimize your photographic experience
• Explore and photograph on foot in the historic city center of Naples, with its rich tapestry of history depicted in its architecture, ruins of Herculeum, and sunset photography of Mt. Vesuvius.
• Accommodations with beautiful views from Sorrento and Amalfi.
• Photograph the islands on a day trip to Ischia and Procida.
• Photograph in various hill towns along the Amalfi Coast such as Positano, Atrani, and Raito. Sunset photography at the Greek ruins of Paestrum.
• Optional Sicily Extension with views of Mt. Etna, off the beaten path hill towns of the honey-gold baroque UNESCO world heritage site of Noto and charming hill town of Ragusa, and Ortigia the finest least spoiled old town of Siracusa, with its resonances of light, stone, and sea.
Sandwiched between the watchful eye of the “gentle” volcano Mt. Etna and cliffs overlooking the Ionian Sea, Taormina is, indeed, the jewel of Sicily, the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. With a dramatic coastline, small cliffside villages, colorful fishing fleets, and Taormina itself, you will have much to photograph. And don’t forget all those scenes from The Godfather. Some of them were filmed in the area in which we hold our workshop! In fact, one of the villages is just up the coast from Taormina. Here, you will be able to celebrate your passion for photography with fellow enthusiasts.
And, the food and wine are superb. We are friends with three amazing chefs, and you will not be disappointed.
Limit 12 participants with two instructors. Our 2017 workshop was sold out!
$1,720 for NANPA members w/ twofer discounts with barge or Paris.
We are returning to Venice, this time in the late fall when often, there are moody fogs and mists. Whatever Mother Nature chooses to give us, there are always amazing photographic possibilities. There is the fish market early in the morning, the lights that cast wonderful shadows in the evenings, amazing architecture, and of course, the gondolas. We know and love this charming city, and we will also have with us a guest instructor, an alumnus, our Gentleman from Verona, who works often in “Venezia” and knows her well. With him, we will go to great locations where you can seek your own vision and make wonderful photographs…
Limit 12 participants with two instructors, only two open spots left.
It was September of 2006 when I walked into a Tri-County Camera Club meeting in Nutley, New Jersey to judge my first photo competition. As a member of my own camera club, I had spent the previous six years listening attentively to other judges score and critique our own competition entries, some even offering suggestions on how to improve them. Not all judges are created equal and I didn’t always agree with what they had to say but I developed a thick skin and used many of their suggestions to help improve my own work. And now it was my turn in the hot seat. Continue reading →